Cosmetic Dentistry- Omaha, NE
If aesthetic imperfections like discoloration or bad alignment, Paul Krause Dental in Omaha provides customized cosmetic dentistry services to improve the appearance of your teeth. Our doctors are experts at all forms of cosmetic procedures. This includes fillings, bonding, veneers, crowns, bridges, dental implants, and whitening. Veneers, crowns, and bridges are made of porcelain by a highly specialized lab trained in making a product that looks identical to your natural teeth. Whether you’re dealing with crooked teeth, a chipped front tooth, or any other dental health issue, our cosmetic dentists can give you a smile makeover today!
Veneers are a popular form of cosmetic dental treatments to fix multiple things when it comes to how your teeth look. They are able to help fix severe discoloration, minor spacing, and restore worn down teeth. Porcelain veneers are designed in mind to blend in with your natural teeth and last for up to 20 years. If you’re looking for dental services from a cosmetic dentist in Omaha that can revolutionize your smile’s appearance, Paul Krause Dental’s veneers are perfect for you!
A dental crown is essentially a cap that fits over the existing, problematic tooth. When in place, the crown looks like a completely healthy, natural tooth while covering and protecting the troubled tooth. While there are occasionally crowns made from metals, most dental crowns today are made from porcelain or zirconia and porcelain. Both of these are tooth colored, and both are stronger than your entire tooth enamel.
Fillings are among the most frequently prescribed and versatile of all dental restorations. In a procedure known as a cavity preparation, the dentist uses a variety of dental burs to remove damaged tooth structure, and any tooth structure that has been weakened or undermined by decay. Applying their knowledge of ideal tooth shape (anatomy), dentists replace the missing tooth structure with filling material of various types. The material of choice at Paul Krause Dental is a tooth colored composite restoration.
Fillings are placed into teeth following the removal of tooth decay (caries), and filling material can also be used to restore chipped or partially broken teeth to their normal contour and function. Fillings ranks at the top of dental procedures for improving oral health and maintaining beautiful teeth!
Advantages and Benefits of Cavity Fillings
- They restore the affected tooth to its normal contour and function.
- Bonded fillings are minimally invasive and can strengthen the teeth to help prevent them from breaking—in some cases delaying the need for crowns or onlays.
- Removing decay and filling the cavities reduces the number of active bacteria in the mouth.
- Early intervention by filling cavities before they get bigger preserves tooth structure and extends the tooth’s life.
- Preserving the teeth preserves the jaw bones, and the contours of the face.
- Preserving the teeth prevents unwanted tooth movement and changes in the bite.
- Fillings are the most economical way to restore teeth. They can also be among the most cosmetically pleasing, and in certain applications, can last decades.